Monday, November 7, 2011

Mother for the eternity, what a great calling!

     I am so grateful to be a mother. Even though my husband is going to school we still want to have more kids, sure our finances are a little tight because I don't work and I am not planning on doing so because I think I have a bigger job to do, which is an honor, to raise and educate my children. It is interesting to see women go to school, marry, and keep going to school and still they don't feel fulfillment. I think because we as women are born to be nurturers. We might not have a lot right now, but I am sure the Lord will bless us for following his commandments. I love a quote from President Kimball:
        "I have told tens of thousands of young folks that when they marry they should not wait for children until they have finished their schooling and financial desires.... They should live together normally and let the children come....
        "I know of no scripture," President Kimball continued, "where an authorization is given to young wives to withhold their families and go to work to put their husbands through school. There are thousands of husbands who have worked their own way through school and have reared families at the same time"
   I have to say, I love it. My husband is working part time and going to school full time and he still has time for us. We don't have much money but we are smart on our finances and more efficient because of it! I have learned to appreciate things so much more and I feel it is a blessing because when losing so much I have gained so much more!!! I can't deny that I am scared of how my kids are going to turn out.
    Today my little girl fell backwards from the couch, my husband slid on the floor and was able to put his hand on the floor just as her head was about to bump it! It was a scary thing to watch and I am grateful that my husband was quick enough to stop what could have been a disaster. Afterwards my daughter said to me, while hugging me, "mommy, I am not going to fall anymore... no more" to which I replied: "I know you won't, I know you learned, and I will be here to hold you if you do" I can relate to that when she grows up, how many of us get scared of our kids "falling" into bad habits?, into things that they shouldn't be around of?. I kept thinking that I don't want her to "fall" but I can't shield my kids from everything, they are going to have their own experiences and makes mistakes but I am going to make sure that they learn so that they don't "fall" as much and when they do I will be there to hold them and "catch" them. In moments of trials it's when we need a loving person to hold us tight. When you fail you learn but hopefully they don't have to learn the hard way. It is scary indeed and that is why I have to change myself and be a better person so that my kids can have a good example in their life.


Aren't they adorable?

No comments:

Post a Comment