Saturday, November 12, 2011

Homeschooling...

Do you need patience to homeschooling? yes! Do you need to be organized? Absolutely! Is it easy? Nope, Is it worth it? Yes. I am often asked why am I homeschooling my kids, there is a simple answer: Because the Lord told me to. I did not want to home-school but my husband was saying that it will be the best. When my first child was born, and after much praying, I felt that I should home-school, I knew the Lord wanted me to do it and I knew, as I know now, that He will guide me through it. When you see your kid learning something new it's like watching them to walk for the first time! or like saying their first word. That is homeschooling, it is a blessing! Do I think is for everyone? NO! Some friends have prayed and half their kids are homeschooling and the other they felt strongly that they needed so send them to school. We are all different individuals so I know that the Lord has special missions for each one of us.  For those out there who are homeschooling... don't give up, if you know you are doing the right thing you will be guided, you are your kids best teacher and they will eventually appreciate the time you are giving up for them. For those of you who know that the right thing is to send them to school, ask your kids how their day was, learn what they are learning so that you can talk about it with them. They will love that their mom is interested on the things that they are learning! Needless to say, I love being a mother, I love homeschooling my kids, and I know I am doing the right thing. I have never ever felt like I needed to send them to school. In fact, when I think about it I get a feeling like it's wrong! So it's better to follow what you feel and never doubt!!

No comments:

Post a Comment