Monday, September 10, 2012

Preparing for Raquel Julianna

It has been busy for me lately. I have been organizing, re-organizing, cleaning, re-cleaning, and finishing the Homeschooling Schedule for the kids. I also added sewing projects to my list and few books that I wanted to re-read to refresh my memory. One of those books was "Parenting with Love and Logic" which I highly recommend. It is so amazing!!! It really helps on disciplining the kids without nagging them and making them responsible for their own consequences, without frustration. I feel like our Heavenly Father is the same way, he wants us to grow and become better people but he lets the consequence happen when we disobey so that we can learn from our mistakes. He truly loves us and if we love our kids, we should let them learn from their own mistakes. I also like the quote that says "Good Parents don't give warnings", it goes on to explain how many times in real life, we don't get warnings about what is going to happen to us for taking the wrong decisions... the consequences just come and therefore, we should prepare our kids for real life, which is life without warnings. As I said, I highly recommend it. Another of the books I read was 1776 which, obvious by its title, talks about events of that year, focusing on the battles to obtain the independence in America. I am about to read now "The Weight down diet" which is really not a diet but a lifestyle and will help a lot to remind myself the whole process so that I can lose the weight quickly after my little girl is born. I can't wait to post pictures of the blankets I have made, I am very proud of myself for having done that. I never before thought that I would enjoy sewing so much... although the sewing machine and I didn't get along at first, now we are in good terms and trying to make it work. What is left now is just wait and enjoy my nights.... but I already have another project in mind: Homemade Laundry Detergent!!! I am excited about this one and I am hoping that it will save us money in the long run. Next time, I will post pictures of my finished projects.

I would like to post this quote from the book "Daughters in My Kingdom"

"If we only half do our work we will have no pleasure, if we do it from a sense of duty we will have no joy, but if we feel we are a branch of this vine, and that our Father in Heaven has felt us to be worthy to be a member of that branch, and that we can carry this work when it is here to do, then we will have joy." - Louise Y. Robison.

I know this to be true, the more I learn and the more I enjoy doing what I have learned, the more sense of fulfillment I get. I know that I am a special daughter of a Heavenly Father that loves me and I am grateful for the love that He gives me as His daughter. As Howard W. Hunter said "You are chosen to be faithful women of God in our day, to stand above pettiness, gossip, selfishness, lewdness, and all other forms of ungodliness. Recognize your divine birthright as daughters of our Heavenly Father"  

I truly hope that all women may find their happiness and truly feel their role here on Earth.



No comments:

Post a Comment